The Windows Operating System is undeniably one of the giants of the computing industry. After their critically acclaimed products Windows XP and Windows Vista, Microsoft has released Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 to the public within the past years. Each version has their own unique traits while offering advancement and innovation to their users. Due to the improvements across the versions and at the same time offering unique user experience, each version has garnered their own sets of fans that truly appreciate and enjoy their improvements and differences from its peers from the previous and later versions. The developers made sure that the operating systems they create satisfies the needs of the market. Among these improvements are: the overall performance of the system to provide the needs of its users in terms of their profession or lifestyle, and the user interface so that the consumers have no difficulty in navigating the system to utilize the necessary functions available and at the same time appeal to their personal sense of aesthetics.
It is difficult to decide the best operating system among Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Some critics say that 7 is the best because of the total performance output and capability of the system. Others would say 8.1 because of the unique system enhancements from its predecessor. There are also some who would say that 10 is currently the best because it is the latest version. The whole experience solely depends on the user who enjoys the system. Regardless of the version of the operating system one has installed and is currently enjoying, the following are some neat and easy tips to help you utilize more of the functions you might already know.
10 Helpful Tips for Windows 7 Users
- Take time to study the available keyboard shortcuts. They also work across the applications you are using on the system.
- Access your frequently used folders and locations using Jump Lists.
- Access secret international themes and wallpapers? Locate C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT in your system.
- Multiple screens function is available for gaming and professional purposes.
- Access report for power efficiency for your system by opening the command prompt and running powercfg -energy-output\Folder\Energy_Report.HTML as administrator.
- Customize your taskbar to fit your lifestyle.
- Check boxes can help you maximize your time for different bulk files and folders.
- Personalize your system tray to show only functions you actually use.
- The shake function removes clutter instantly.
- Study Aero Snap to know how you can use it to increase productivity.
10 Quick Tips for Windows 8.1 Users
- You can access the different functions of your system through the Start Button.
- You can customize your home screen to group tiles of your choice.
- You have the option to access the desktop immediately, bypassing the start screen.
- Users can sort their apps based on different criteria.
- App bars can be used for many purposes.
- Integrate the Start button with the functions you deem necessary.
- Stop running apps from using background resources.
- Personalize your display orientation and resolution.
- You can see the apps you have currently running.
- Save online content for use later.
10 Simple Tricks for Windows 10 Users
- Enable GodMode to display all functions in one panel.
- Personalize the functions available in your Start menu.
- Plan critical Windows updates and schedule at a desired time.
- Switch to tablet mode using a touchscreen-capable device.
- Use virtual desktops to micromanage your running apps simultaneously.
- Enable battery saving when on a laptop.
- Set up fingerprint security on your system.
- Restrict wireless connections as desired.
- Print to PDF directly from the windows explorer.
Users have the option to undo their system upgraded up to a month from initial installation.